The Tarot is a powerful tool that can be used to explore the inner workings of our own lives. And in Goddess yoga, we embody the Major Arcana through dance and yoga to guide us on a journey of self exploration and ascension. The Tarot holds powerful lessons, and when we embody these archetypes in our spiritual practice, new perspectives and opportunities present themselves. So, are you ready to discover how dancing the Major Arcana can turbo boost your glow up?
What is the Major Arcana?
The major arcana is a group of 22 cards within the traditional Tarot deck that can be used to gain insight into the major events and transitions we undergo in our life journeys. Each card symbolizes an archetype that represents a certain stage of our life, from the Fool at the beginning of the journey to the World at the end.
At the “Activate Your Divine Feminine” yoga retreat in Lago d’Orta, Italy, we will journey through the Major Arcana with yoga, BodyMind dancing, and trance dance explorations. When we explore the Major Arcana of the Tarot, we can use it as a way to understand our own life journey. So, by dancing each archetype, we can come to a better understanding of the journey we are on and how to make the most of it.
How to Dance the Major Arcana
The Fool Through the Empress
- Ready to embody the Tarot? Dancing the Fool is a great way to start. This card represents the beginning of our journey, when we are open to new experiences and possibilities. It is a reminder to be courageous, to take risks and to trust our instincts.
- Then, when we get to the Magician, it’s all about taking action. This card symbolizes manifesting our intentions and making our dreams a reality. It encourages us to be creative, to think outside the box and to bring our ideas to life.
- But, in order to truly manifest, we must be connected to our intuition, and that’s what the High Priestess is about. This card encourages us to tap into our inner wisdom and trust our inner guidance. It reminds us to listen to our heart and trust our own judgment.
- Next, comes The Empress. This major arcana card is all about nurturing and nourishing our relationships. This card encourages us to cultivate strong and meaningful connections with others and to create a loving, supportive environment.
Are you starting to see how this fits together?
The Emperor Through the Strength Card
- The Emperor is about taking responsibility for our lives. This card reminds us to be in charge of our lives and to make our own decisions. It encourages us to be assertive and to stand up for our own values.
- The Hierophant is about exploring our spiritual path. This card encourages us to seek out knowledge and wisdom, to learn from our experiences and to honor our inner truth.
- The Lovers is all about relationships and connection. This card reminds us to love ourselves and to nurture our relationships with others. It encourages us to embrace our feelings and to be open to love.
- The Chariot is about taking control of our lives and our destiny. This card encourages us to set goals, to be determined and to stay focused on what we want to achieve.
- The Strength card is about courage and resilience. This card reminds us to have faith in ourselves and to find the strength to overcome any obstacles.
The Hermit Through the Temperance
- The Hermit is about introspection and contemplation. This card encourages us to find our inner truth and to look within for answers.
- The Wheel of Fortune is about cycles and change. This card reminds us that life is always changing and that we must go with the flow.
- Justice is all about balance and fairness. This card encourages us to look at our lives objectively and to strive for harmony.
- The Hanged Man is about surrender and letting go. This card reminds us to let go of our attachments and to trust in the process.
- Death is about transformation and renewal. This card encourages us to embrace change and to be open to new beginnings.
- The Temperance card is about moderation and finding harmony. This card reminds us to strive for balance in all areas of our life.
The Devil Through The World
- The Devil is about facing our fears and freeing ourselves from limiting beliefs. This card encourages us to break free from our own self-imposed restrictions and to live life to the fullest.
- The Tower is about liberation and breaking free from our past. This card encourages us to have the courage to let go of our past and to look to the future.
- The Star is about hope and possibility. This card reminds us to stay positive and to believe in ourselves and our dreams.
- The Moon is about our subconscious mind and our dreams. This card encourages us to explore our inner world and to listen to our intuition.
- The Sun is about joy and celebration. This card reminds us to appreciate the beauty in life and to embrace all of the good things it has to offer.
- The Judgement card is about reflection and learning from our experiences. This card encourages us to look at our lives honestly and to make the most of our journey.
- The World is about completion and fulfillment. This card reminds us to stay open to possibilities and to trust that we are on the right path.
Ready to Embody the Tarot by Dancing the Major Arcana?
Overall, dancing the Major Arcana of the Tarot is a great way to explore our own life journey. By connecting with each archetype, we can gain insight into our own inner workings, tap into our intuition and find our own truth.